Our Process is designed to help you get the best service for the right price.
Contact Us: Review our website and send us an email with any questions or concerns you may have. If you are considering our formatting services, you may receive a questionnaire about your book that provides us with answers to help us determine what you are looking for from our service. You can see our rates and quoting procedure here, along with a listing of what you will need to send us. We can provide you an estimated completion date or time frame for completion, during this process.
Place Your Order: After we have agreed on your needs and we have received the final copy of your book for formatting, we will start or schedule your work in our services process. At this time we can usually provide you with a realistic completion date.
Services Process: Here, your book is queued up or being worked on. Your book is usually worked on, in the order it is placed in the queue.
- Proofreading and Copyediting Services :
- Complementary First Chapter: We offer a complementary first chapter edit and review. In this offering we will proofread and edit the first chapter of your manuscript for your evaluation.
- Complete Manuscript: We will proofread or copyedit your manuscript. When complete, we will return it to you and expect you to accept or reject the recommendations.
- Continuing process: After you have finished your corrections, send the manuscript back to our editor for another round of checks. This process will continue until you and the editor agree that the point of satisfaction has been reached.
- Formatting Services :
- ebook build: We will take your manuscript and convert it to an ePub and Mobi format. The single cost includes both formats.
- Smashwords build: We will take your word document and convert it to the standards established in the smashwords style guide.
- Createspace build: We will take your word document and convert it to the standards established in the Createspace style guide.
- Quality Check: When your manuscript is through the formatting services process, it will go into the Quality Check phase. Your eBook will be validated using both computerized and on-line validators. After it passes all of those checks, it will be physically uploaded and checked on a nook or Ipad for ePub formats and a kindle for Mobi formats. For the print formats your final format will be checked by two members of the team.
- Approval and Delivery: When we have finished our quality checks, we will send you a copy of each format you requested. You will have 14 days (unless other arrangements are made), from the date we sent your formatted version, to review it. If you find a problem within the 14 days we will resolve the problem and return it to you, immediately. If we have not heard back from you within the 14 days, we will consider the work to be completed and satisfactory.
- After Approval: It is not unusual for typos to be found after a book is published. We understand that, but also understand that typos are considered the responsibility of the editors. Because we want you to have the best book you can, we will do a one time fix of typos or minor changes for you at no cost. If you have a major update or an excessive number of typos, we will have to negotiate the cost of the changes. When we make an adjustment, we will adjust the copy of your ebook that we have on file.
What you can get
Mobi file: This is the file you want to upload to your account at Amazon. Amazon will accept other files, however, they use a computer software program to convert those files (epub, pdf, or word) into a mobi file. You really do not want that to occur because you have no control over what your ebook will look like. You really want to upload your own mobi file and control your own ebook.
ePub file: This is the file you want to upload to those locations that offers the ePub format. This file can also be uploaded directly to smashwords if you would prefer to not use their "Meat Grinder" to do your smashwords publishing.
Smashwords file: This is the file that you want to upload to Smashwords.
Createspace file: This is the file that you want to upload to Createspace.
Ingram Spark file: This is the file that you want to upload to Ingram Spark.
Nook Press file: This is the file that you want to upload to Barnes and Nobles Nook Press.
Note: If you have trouble with uploading one of our files, it will be fixed at no additional cost to you.